Category: Culture, Museums

The Split city museum

The Split city museum

The establishment of the museum is tied to the municipal library established in 1911. In 1925. two rooms belonging to library were assigned to the city museum. In 1945. the museum became independent, and next year in six rooms of the palace Bernardi it opens to the public. In 1948. it gets the name of THE SPLIT CITY MUSEUM With part of its permanent exhibition it was opened to the public in 1952. in Papalic palace. Completely restored in 1992, for the first time in history,. the Museum's integral permanent collection showing urban, cultural, artistic and economic growth of the city during the centuries was opened to the public. In addition to acquiring, preserving and protecting Museum is dealing with publishing, printing, organizing traveling exhibitions, lectures, courses, seminars, and is engaged in research activities.

Comments